The "Tenets of Faith" listed below are not intended to be an exhaustive source of material for Biblical doctrine, but rather a concise summary of the cardinal doctrines of scripture to which we adhere at The Rock Church of Manassas.
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired and only infallible and authoritative Word of God (2 Tim. 3:16; 2 Peter 1:21).
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit (Matt. 28:19; Eph. 4:4-6).
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, His virgin birth, His sinless life, and His miracles. We also believe in His victorious and atoning death through His blood, in His bodily resurrection, and in His ascension to the right hand of the Father where He reigns as King.
- We believe in His personal return to earth in power and glory (Acts 2:22-36; Rev. 19:11-16).
- We believe that for the salvation of the lost and sinful man, spiritual regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential. This salvation is received through repentance and faith in Jesus Christ as Messiah Savior, and Lord-not as a result of good works (John 3:5; Rom. 10:9-10; Eph. 2:8-9).
- We believe in the ministry gifts of the Holy Spirit in the life of the believer according to 1 Corinthians 12 Redemptive Healing - Spirit, Soul, and Body (Isa. 53:5; 1 Peter 2:24; James 5:14-15).
- We believe that the baptism of the Holy Spirit, according to Luke 11:13, is given to believers who ask for it (Acts 2:39, 10:44-48, 19:1-6).
- We believe in the sanctifying power of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is able to live a holy life (Rom. 8:5-14; Eph. 4:20-32).
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved into a resurrection of eternal life and the lost into a resurrection of eternal damnation (John 5:28-29; 1 Cor. 15:50-58; Rev. 20:11-15).